Call For Chapter ExCom Nominees
The Nominating Committee of the Hoosier Chapter is accepting nominations
to run for the Executive Committee (Excom). To submit a nomination for the
election, send the information listed below to the attention of Winter Bottum,
Sierra Club Hoosier Chapter, 212 W. 10th St., Suite A-335, Indianapolis, IN
46202, or call the Chapter office at (317) 972-1903. Nominations must be
received by September 15, 1996.
1. Name, address, and phone number of nominee.
2. A brief signed statement of consent to run, and if elected, serve on the
Following is a brief rundown of the rules that apply to the Hoosier
1. The election is conducted by written ballot to insure facility of voting
and secrecy of ballot.
2. A nominating committee will be appointed by the Excom.
3. Sufficient opportunity will be given for members of the Chapter to
submit names for consideration by the Nominating Committee.
4. Nominees must be members of the Chapter in good standing. For the
purposes of the 1996 Chapter Excom election, a member in good standing is
defined as one who can prove Sierra Club membership on or before November 1,
1996. Nominees will be requested to submit a ballot statement to be included
with the ballot in the Chapter newsletter.
5. Any member of the Chapter may petition to have a member's name
included on the ballot.
6. The Excom will appoint an Elections Committee of at least three
members of the Chapter. No nominee may serve on the Elections Committee.
7. The Elections Committee will not open ballots until after the closing
hour of the election. Ballots received postmarked after the established
closing date of the election will not be counted.
8. The Elections Committee will count the ballots. The candidates
receiving the highest number of votes will be elected.
Copyright © 2007 Hoosier Chapter Sierra Club, all rights reserved.[6/28/02]efp